I hate Sidney Crosby. Maybe it’s not his fault that I hate him, but I detest, loathe, hate and love to hate him. I’ve always said he is a good hockey player. In fact, he is one of the better players in the league. However, under no circumstances is he the greatest player since Wayne Gretzky, nor the best leader since Mark Messier and not even the best player on his team like Alexander Ovechkin. I think Evgeni Malkin is better than Crosby.
This post will list out the reasons I hate him:
1) The NHL has decided to make Crosby “The Guy.” Not his fault he has to be “The Guy,” but you think he would try being “The Guy” by having sportsmanship, getting his peers to respect him and admit that his teammates are solid. Instead, he slashes players after the games have ended, whines constantly that he isn’t treated fairly and complains that he doesn’t have good line mates. In fact, it seems that Sid has new line mates every season. When is the NHL going to realize that Crosby doesn’t have the attitude or personality to be “The Guy?”
2) When an opponent of the Pittsburgh Penguins makes a mistake or turns the puck over to Sidney Crosby, it’s always an amazing defensive play by Crosby. Not really, it’s a turnover or giveaway by the opponent. Anyone else who would get the puck off of a turnover would be considered lucky, not Crosby, he is the greatest player ever. This isn’t his fault, but he does nothing to stop it.
3) His playoff beard makes him look like a 14 year-old trying to impress a 12 year-old girl. I wish Sidney Crosby would take a page from the Ruslan Fedetenko handbook and SHAVE since the beard looks awful. Crosby’s playoff beard is a mockery of the tradition of the playoff beard.
4) While Crosby makes good plays, he hasn’t come up clutch. His teammates have, yet it’s all about Crosby. Hey Sidney, do PhilaTude a favor and give your teammates a shout-out on how great they played in the run to making the playoffs, especially Malkin. If I were a Penguin, I would want to get away from “The Guy” as soon as possible.
5) I wish he would step-up and address his critics. I want him to give me a reason to like him. He should be open about the obvious bias towards him and ask them to stop. It be great if would just be a real hockey player.
Two more quick points:
1) Last night’s Stanley Cup Finals game 3 action was tied midway through the 3rd period. I turned to my wife and said; “in about a minute there will be some marginal penalty call on the Red Wings to give the Penguins a late game power play.” Sure enough, the Penguins got their power play off a poor unneccessary penalty call by the official in a playoff game. Only in the regular season would that penalty be called and most likely, just in the first period of a game.
A player other than Crosby got the goal, but the commentators made sure to point out that Crosby was on the ice and showed him circling near the red dot. The Red Wings didn’t even bother with him. What a joke.
2) I probably should rename this blog the “I hate Sidney Crosby Blog”, but until I get my NHL back to the way it should be, I will continue to lambast the arrogant, whining, selfish loser, since no one else will and he deserves it. Yes, I love to hate Sidney Crosby!
By the way, the Red Wings aren’t only playing the Penguins, they have to beat the league and officiating.